Friday, October 31, 2008

Best Gay Stories 2008 Now Available


Best Gay Stories 2008, edited by Steve Berman, is now out and includes my short story “Someone Like You.”

"Someone Like You" was originally published in The Mammoth Book of New Gay Erotica, edited by Lawrence Schimel.

“Someone Like You” was written in 2006. Lawrence Schimel, who has used many of my stories in several of his anthologies, including my story “Trust” in his prior The Mammoth Book of Gay Erotica, selected “Someone Like You” from several new short stories that I sent him to consider. The story is about a forty-year-old gay man who has two boyfriends and an “office wife.”

Lawrence, an admirable and prolific editor and author, currently lives in Madrid and blogs at http://desayunoencama.livejournal.com/. And, as an interesting aside, Lawrence and I share the same birthday — October 16 (though I am somewhat older than Lawrence). And two other gay authors who also share that same birth date are Oscar Wilde and Paul Monette.